Psychologist (Couples Therapy) | Live in the Tropics | Thrive in your Profession
North Cairns Clinical Psychology is a thriving private practice that has experienced exponential growth in the two years since opening. Located in Edge Hill, in one of Cairns’ premier suburbs, our central location means that we attract referrals from all suburbs of Cairns and beyond. Our team of Clinical Psychologists are all highly sought after for appointments. In response to our growth, NCCP is expanding our offering, and new opportunities await you…
You are a Registered Psychologist (Fully Registered Generalist or Clinical with AHPRA) who has developed expertise and a passion for couples therapy/relationship counselling, You have experience with this population, and are confident and competent in your client being “the couple”, and navigating the complex dynamics that can often occur in the room during relationship counselling,
You enjoy working with other Psychologists who may be individually treating one party in the couple (where client consent is given to share information). You are open to providing your observations and treatment planning/progress with your clients’ individual treating Psychologists within NCCP, with a view to facilitating optimum treatment outcome for your shared clients.
Your translation of strategies such as communication skills, conflict resolution, problem solving, dearousal and boundary management to assist your couple clients is very well developed, and you are confident in guiding couples with implementation and reflection in these areas. You are also able to do deeper dynamic and systemic work to follow initial impact implementation if indicated.
Ultimately, you are client-centered, and confident in presenting your observations and interventions to couples, whilst warmly challenging them to make the most of their therapy experience.
What’s in it for you?
- Administrative support above and beyond other private practice offerings
- Experienced principals that dedicate regular time to allow you to be the best Psychologist in private practice that you can be
- A cohesive team = great professional development opportunities
- An opportunity for flexibility in negotiating arrangements to suit your needs (i.e., contractor/employee relationship, relocation support, financial contribution to professional development, choose your days of work)
- Established referral stream
- Not to mention… great weather, affordable cost of living, and less time commuting in your car.
Interested to know more? For further details on the above position or to start a conversation with us, send an email to [email protected]
We look forward to hearing from you,
The Team at North Cairns Clinical Psychology